Cruel and unusual treatment or punishment — Right to life, liberty and security of person — Provision allowing judge to add one 25 year period for each first degree murder before eligibility for parole — Whether periods of parole ineligibility on each count are to be served concurrently or consecutively — Does s. 745.51 of the Criminal Code apply to an accused who was simultaneously convicted of multiple murders at a single trial — Whether s. 745.51 of Criminal Code is contrary to ss. 7, 12 of Charter — Was it open for the Court of Appeal to substitute the sentence it considered appropriate, primarily on the basis that the sentencing judge erred in principle. — dismissed 06/16/2022 — Supreme Advocacy acted as agent for the Applicant.
- J.F. v. Province of New Brunswick, as represented by the Minister of Justice, 2021 NBCA 61
- FORCOMP Forestry Consulting Ltd. et al. v. British Columbia, et al., 2021 BCCA 465 (40051)
- R. v. J.J., 2022 SCC 28, 2020 BCSC 349 (39133) (39516)
- SCC Today: Criminal Law; Sexual Offences; Complainants’ Records
- SCC Today: 4 Leaves Dismissed